Friday, September 19, 2008

The Challenge

I'm going to break one of my rules for the blog and write something non-MMO related. Kirk over at Priestly Endeavors issued out a challenge to myself and four other blogger in the spirit of Banned Books Week. The condensed version of the challenge is that Kirk wants us to read through the list and note which books we've read. Then read one of the other books off the list and write a short entry about it.

Banned Books I have Read:

5. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
13. The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
21. The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
22. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
32. Blubber by Judy Blume
56. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
62. Are You There, God? It’s Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
70. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
71. Native Son by Richard Wright
77. Carrie by Stephen King
84. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
87. Private Parts by Howard Stern
96. How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell

None of these books are ones I have read recently. In fact, some of them (like Judy Blume, Mark Twain and Roald Dahl) are books I haven't read since I was a child. If I had to pick two books as recommended reading off the list it would be Lord of the Flies and Native Son. I'm certain that says something about me, but who knows?

OK. So the book I plan on reading during Banned Books Week is...

61. What’s Happening to my Body? Book for Boys: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Sons by Lynda Madaras

Just kidding. The actual book is:

55. Cujo by Stephen King

How scary can a dog be? I mean seriously... a dog?

No comments: