Thursday, June 3, 2010

Quick Hit: Spontaneous PvP

I’m always surprised that I don’t get asked why I titled my blog Serial Ganker when I don’t write much about Ganking other people. You would think that such a blog would be filled with tales of my exploits (much like EVE Pirate).

The actual reason has more to do with my self-identity in online games. I’m aggressive and not ashamed of it.

I’m always prepared to drop whatever I’m doing to engage in spontaneous PvP. And well, when two people happen to meet spontaneously in the world, the two are rarely on equal terms. Even if they have relatively the same power score, the person who prepares for the fight and engages first is the one with a significant advantage.

But it’s not just about being the hunter. It’s also about being the hunted. My most memorable Spontaneous PvP moments are the ones where I escaped overwhelming odds in grand fashion.

4 comments:

Klepsacovic said...

I demand a short video, or at least a few screenshots, of you showing the aggression usually found only in small dogs.

sid67 said...

[[Video of Awesomeness - Your Browser not Supported]]

Klepsacovic said...

I blame Microsoft.

Max said...

Yeah I think that what really separates carebears from pvper is the attitude towards pvp.

Spontaneous encounter are a major inconvenience for the pver, as he always seeks to avoid them and in the state of constant worry that he cant kill this mob or gather this.

PvPers looks at it differently - they always prepared to and for attack. Because that is real game, questing/whatever is just something to do when you dont see a target