Saturday, March 27, 2010

Facebook: Less interesting than we think it is?

Quick thought for the day.. I've been reading all these entries from various bloggers and pundits about Facebook and the future of social gaming and it struck me that this is a subject that not that many people find all that interesting.

I mean, I think it's interesting, but the general impression I'm getting is that this is a topic that most people don't care about.  Bloggers are full of opinions, so we feel compelled to write about it.  But I honestly don't think average joe cares that much.

So I've decided I'm done on the topic.  Until Civ comes out for FB, mums the word on the topic from old Sid.

4 comments:

Carson 63000 said...

If Facebook was less interesting than I think it is, it would be well into the negative levels of interestingness.

Dagda (Brooks Harrel) said...

Mmyep. Mind you, I think it's important and merits watching- a demonstration of which way certain winds are blowing, perhaps. It's just not very interesting.

Logan said...

i personally don't really care much for the issue itself... the only thing that got me interested was that so many people had a completely different view than myself.

i only really got involved to try and understand why some people think about it the way they do... and maybe i'd learn something by debating the issue.

but you can see my take on it over at Raph's website... my first comment is #77 i think...

http://www.raphkoster.com/2010/03/18/what-core-gamers-should-know-about-social-games/comment-page-2/

Unknown said...

Personally, I think that bloggers and pundits care less about Facebook games than regular internet-using people do. It's like writing about Solitaire or Tetris. There isn't much to say about new game mechanics or improved graphics, so it's really hard to come up with an interesting angle.